- 1 pack of noodles
- Frozen mixed vegetables of your choice
- 1 egg
- 1 chicken breast sliced into strips
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Cucumber
- Place your noodles in a small bowl and pour boiling water over it. Cover and wait for 3 minutes until it softens. Drain the hot water from the bowl
- Boil and season mixed vegetables in a small pot for 3 minutes
- Boil 1 egg in a small pot
TIP: A hard-boiled egg takes about 12 minutes and medium boiled egg about 9 minutes
- Fry seasoned chicken strips in a pan for not more than 15 minutes
TIP: You can use salt and pepper or chicken spice to season the chicken
- Place 4 layers of washed lettuce in a bowl with the sliced tomato, in any shape you prefer, and slice the cucumber in circles. Season your salad as desired or with a salad dressing. Your salad is now done!
- In a bigger bowl mix the noodles, vegetables, sliced boiled egg, chicken strips and noodle spice altogether. Taste as you go along so you do not over season.
TIP: You can also serve this with any sauce you prefer. It also goes well with a green salad or Greek salad
Compiled by: Nondumiso Hadebe – Hospitality Academic Adviser